Monday, April 7, 2008

Mera ey Charkha Naulakha - Bulleh Shah

Singer: Sain Muhammad Ali
Kalaam: Baba Bulleh Shah
Credits - kullifaqirdi on youtube.com
Translation by lahoriali

1. Maira aye charKha naoN laKha kuRey
"My existence is priceless" (Here charKha - a yarn spinning wheel - is used as a symbol of life and one's experience through life)

2. NeuN katdi katdi pakka kuRey
Matured and nurtured by my (selfless) love

3. MeiN tey mang RanjheN di hoi aN
I've given myself to my Ranjha

4. Mera babul karda aye dhakka kurey
But people force me to abandon my beloved

5. "LokaN bhaNey chaak mahiN da"
For others, Ranjha is only a meager servant

6. "Mairey paa da Makkah kurey"
For me he is my Mecca

7. "LokaN bhaNey ishq soKhala"
People think to love is easy

8. "Aye ishq nahiN chaDda phakka kuRey"
Love destroys everything and leaves nothing behind

9. "Bulleh Shah naiN sach kar jata"
Bulleh Shah realized the truth

10. "Maira Shah Anayet guru pakka kuRey"
Shah Anayet is indeed my true spiritual leader (murshid)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent stuff...deeply moved by the spiritual undertones of Baba Bulleh Shah's poetry. Thanks for sharing! Keep up the good work!