Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rumi's Sufi Poetry - Na Man Behooda Girde

Rumi's Sufi Poetry - Na Man Behooda
Farid Ayaz and Abu Muhammad sing with passion and feeling. They are both intense and gentle in their recital. Seems like the culture of Iran meets Turkey and then meets Pakistan in this video.


Rumi Poetry - Na Man Behooda Girde Koocha-e-Bazar from Tasawwuf on Vimeo.

Na man behooda girde kocha wa bazaar megardam
Mazaj-e-ashiqee daram paye dildar megardam

Khudaya rahm kon bar man
Pareeshan waar megardam

Khata karam gonahgaram
Ba hale zaar megardam

Sharabe showq menosham
Ba girde yaar megardam

Sukhan mastana megoyam
Walay hooshyaar megardam...

English Translation:Farah Aziz, UK

No I am not roaming aimlessly around the streets and bazaar
I am a lover searching for his beloved

God have mercy on me
I am walking around troubled

I have done wrong and sinned
and am walking around wounded

I have drunk the wine of desire
and am strolling around beloved

Though I may seem drunk
I am quite sober...

My thanks to Farid Ayaz and Abu Muhammad Qawwals for keeping
this kala alive in the hearts and minds of sufi music lovers,
and to all those who helped to make this evening possible.

3 comments:

Sadiq said...

a new translation and poetic rendition based on Farah Aziz's translation:

No! I am not roaming aimlessly
around your streets and bazaar,
rather searching for his Beloved
forever,
I am that kind of a lover.

drunk with the wine of longing
around Beloved is my strolling.

God have mercy on me!
troubled, here I am roaming.

I've done wrong and sinned,
wounded now am I walking.

Though your eyes see me drunk,
glance with heart of your
and you'll find me perfectly sober.

credit

blessings.

Unknown said...

how to download a vidio

Unknown said...

how to download the vidio??