Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sanson ki Maala Pe Simroun Mein Pi Ka Naam

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan recites



Sanson ki Maala Pe Simroun Mein Pi Ka Naam
Apney Man ki Mein Jaanoon Aur Pi Ke Man Ki Ram

With every breath I take, I chant the name of my beloved
I know of my heart, and God knows of the heart of my beloved


Yehi Meri Bandagi hai , Yehi Meri Puja

This is my salutation and this is my prayer

Aik tha Sajan Mandir aur Aik the Preetam Masjid Mein
Mein Prem Ke Rang Mein Aisi dubi ban gaya aik hi Rup

One lover was in the temple and another in the mosque
but to me, immersed in the joy of love, both seemed the same


Prem Ki Mala Japhte Japhte Aaap bani mein Shyam

Chanting on rosary, the name of Shyam (Krishna) , I became him
(Krishna is revered by the patrons of love)


Ham ur nahin kuchhu kam ke
matvare pi ke naam ke, har dam

I am worthless, except that
i surrender to the name of my beloved, all the time


preetaam ka kuch dosh nahi hai woh to hai nirdosh
apney aap se baatein kar ke ho gayee mein badnaam

My beloved is not to be blamed, it is no fault of his
i became infamous only because of talking to myself

No comments: