Monday, September 23, 2013

Ay chehra-e zeba-e tu - Hazrat Amir Khusrau

Recital at the recent Jashn-e-Khusrau Festival arranged by IPAC and Kuch Khaas in Islamabad.
Here "Ay chehra-e zeba-e tu rashk-e butan-e azari" is appropriately followed by 
the Khusrau kalam "Tori Soorat ke Balhari Nijam"


Ay chehra-e zeba-e tu rashk-e butan-e azari;
Har chand wasfat mikunam dar husn-az-aan zebatari.
Aafaq ra gar deedah am mehr-e butan warzeedah am;
Bisyar khuban deedah am lekin tu cheez-e degari.
Man tu shudam, tu man shudi, man tan shudam, tu jan shudi;
Taakas nagoyad baad azeen man deegaram tu deegari.
Khusrau ghareeb ast-o gada uftadah dar shehr-e shuma;
Baashad ki az behr-e khuda, su-e ghareeban bangari.


Eng Trans:

O you whose beautiful face is the envy of the idols of Azar
(Abraham's father and famous idol maker);
You remain superior to my praise.
All over the world have I traveled;
many a maiden’s love have I tasted;
Many a beauty-star have I seen; but you are something unique.
I have become you, and you me; I have become the body,
you the soul; So that none hereafter may say
that “I am someone and you someone else.”
Khusro a beggar, a stranger has come wandering to your town;
For the sake of god, have pity on this beggar
and do not turn him away from your door.


(trans. Dr. Hadi Hasan)



recording credit: Sahar Haroon
trans and poetry: http://www.angelfire.com/sd/urdumedia/love.html

1 comment:

Unknown said...

khuda danaD tu che shai asti
tu he dani khuda cheeze che ast
DR FAROOQ ALVI, LHR
7.2.2016 3:50 AM