Sunday, December 1, 2013

Aye Yaar-e-Naazneen Dil-o-Jaanam Fida-e-Tou - Khwaja Qutubuddin Bakhtiyar Kaki




Janam fidaye payat ay jane zindagani
Kon ba yak neghah-e sad umr-e-jawedani

O Life of my life, sacrifice I my life at thy feet
Immortality give to me by looking but once
Towards me


Aye yar-e-naazneen dil-o-jaanam fida-e-tou 
Gar dil mara deegarna nasheenad baja-e-tou

O Beloved, my life I give up for you
If no other rests beside me besides you

Az tegh-o-teer-e-ishq baya khun-e-man bareez
Chun qas ba zindagee na shavad aashna-e-tou


Let my blood flow from the barbs and spears of love
 by living can one be aware of Thee


Ba daulat-e-visal barabar nami kunad
Ba Khusarvi-e-mulk-e-sulaiman  gada-e-tou


The treasure of union does not equalize
The Khosrow like reign of Sulaiman, a begger at Thy door

Yek jo nasha na mang day  hastee Qutabuddin
Fani shud as khud ashke bay bad laqaee tu

Qutbuddins soul  seek not that one intoxication
Into oblivion he went in tears, in search of his union with Thee

~ Hz. Khwaja Qutubuddin Bakhtiyar Kaki R.A
~ Qawwal Subhan Nizami
~ Trans: Farrokh Namazi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Many Many Thanks for this Lyrics with Translation.... May Allah Bless You.